WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS & HOW ARE THEY HELPFUL?
An implant is like an anchor post which is embedded inside the jawbone permanently. This post integrates with the bone providing a firm anchor on which natural-looking, custom-made crowns can be placed. For our patients dental implants offer a permanent and proven solution to their missing teeth.
The loss of even one tooth can seriously impact both the function of your bite and your confidence in your appearance. Adjacent teeth can be compromised by the gap left by a missing tooth, shifting position or becoming more vulnerable to chips and cracking.
Dental implants can be used to:
- Replace a single tooth or multiple teeth
- Support dental bridges
- Support dentures (either removable or full and fixed)
Advantages of Dental Implants
Of all dental restoration solutions, dental implants have the highest rate of success. They look, feel, and function just like real teeth, and can last a lifetime with proper care.
Dental implants have other advantages, too:
- Dental implants prevent the side effects of tooth loss — namely, gum recession, bone loss, and speech difficulties.
- Dental implants restore proper chewing and the full strength of your bite.
- Unlike other dental restorations such as bridges, dental implants do not require the grinding down of the teeth on each side of the gap.
- Dental implants can make dentures secure and reliable — say goodbye to messy adhesives and slipping, uncomfortable dentures!
- Thanks to immediate dental implant technology, we may be able to place your implants the same day as your extraction!
The Dental Implants Process
Determining whether or not dental implants are appropriate for you is highly dependent upon your needs and the condition of your jawbone. Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants because some people don't have adequate bone structure to support the implants. However, bone grafting allows more patients to enjoy the convenience and strength of these dental restorations.
During your initial visit to our dental office, our implant specialist and Dr. Thind, will evaluate your bone and gum health to determine whether you are good candidate for dental implants, including immediate dental implants.