Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns provide for a strong, durable, and esthetic treatment option. One consideration in the porcelain-fused-to-metal crown is that these crowns may tend to show the underlying metal or gold margin at the gum line as gums recede over time. Some patients opt for this type of crown, but replace the crown at a later date in order to maintain a higher esthetic benefit. Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns with an all porcelain collar can eliminate this vulnerability.
A Bridge is the replacement of one or more missing teeth with the support of the surrounding teeth. Usually a permanent solution and when done professionally can significantly enhance your smile and confidence.
- More cost effective than an implant
- More permanent than dentures
- Helps to support adjacent teeth than can start to displace and malalign when a neighbour tooth is lost.
- Generally less bulky than an equivalent denture
If you are missing a tooth or series of teeth, all-porcelain dental bridges may offer the ideal solution. At our practice, we place dental bridges that provide a natural appearance, reduce a patient’s risk of gum disease, and correct speech and bite difficulties. In addition, dental bridges eliminate the possibility that your remaining teeth will shift to fill the gap left by a missing tooth.
Types of Dental Bridges:-
There are several types of dental bridges, each chosen according to your needs and the location of the missing tooth:
- With a traditional fixed bridge, the replacement tooth is held in place by two crowns, and the bridge is only removable by a dentist.
- A resin-bonded marryland bridge is ideal for front teeth and in situations when the surrounding teeth are healthy, with no large fillings.
- Cantilever dental bridges are used when there are teeth on only one side of the gap. Teeth in the front are used as support to make bridge for back teeth.